The Project Linus Coordinator
The next sign-up period to apply as a NEW chapter coordinator is expected to begin early 2015. At present we are only accepting applications for TRANSFER chapter coordinators. This is a preexisting chapter already serving the geographic area in which you live. Important! In order to apply for a Transfer Chapter you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- The chapter to be transferred must be current, i.e. it must be open at the time of transfer.
- Project Linus National Headquarters must be previously notified of the anticipated change by the current chapter coordinator.
- You must include the current chapter coordinator's name and location on this form as indicated.
Primary Qualifications - Step 1
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about the Project Linus mission! If you are an outgoing, self-starter who wants to make a difference in the life of a child, you could be a Project Linus Coordinator. Your commitment to your chapter will have the greatest impact on its success. Depending on the size and needs of your area, a minimum of 10 hours is expected, and in larger areas coordinators can spend 30-40 hours per week. Please make sure that you have the available resources necessary before making a commitment.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills are necessary. This is a management position. As a coordinator you will be making decisions for the chapter within the guidelines and policies of Project Linus.
- Chapters are opened for individuals only. No groups, guilds, clubs, or similar. Only one person per chapter may serve as the chapter coordinator. The Chapter Coordinator is responsible for the chapter, and for making all decisions based upon corporate policy. These decisions and policy adherence should not be left to chapter volunteers.
- Project Linus has no “members.” The term members indicates voting rights and exclusivity and both are contrary to Project Linus policy.
- This is a community service opportunity. You are expected to represent Project Linus and further the mission within the community. If your interests lie mostly in making blankets with your friends or a group of people, this may not be the best choice for you.
- Applicants should have good computer skills and be able to use software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Applicants must also know how to use search engines and take advantage of search results. Applicants must have personal access to a computer in the home and have an email account set up that is separate from the family email address. No AOL email accounts are acceptable. If you use AOL you will need to open an alternate email address for your Project Linus chapter use. Email must be checked and responded to on a daily basis. You must be able to receive and open attachments.
- Phone calls and emails must be returned promptly.
- Applicants must not smoke, and must live in a smoke-free home.
- Applicants should have or arrange to have adequate storage space for blankets. Blankets must be stored in a clean, dry, smoke and mildew/mold free environment. As most coordinators work from their homes, you are advised to have a space dedicated to organize the administrative portion of the chapter.
- Fundraising is required of all Chapter Coordinators.
- A $100 one-time fee is required to open a new chapter. A $50 one-time fee is required to transfer a chapter. These fees must be paid by the incoming chapter coordinator. If for any reason your chapter application is not approved, your fee will be refunded.
Please carefully think about the responsibilities of a Project Linus Chapter Coordinator before submitting an application.
Our chapter coordinator application process involves 5 steps. These are as follows:
- Signify your agreement to the qualifications listed on this page
- Review and agree to the chapter coordinator job description
- Fill out and submit an information form letting us know about you
- Wait for us to review your application materials
- Upon approval pay the applicable fees at the link we will provide you